Brochures are available in the Education Office and will be in Sunday school this Sunday. Deadline to turn in boxes to the Education Office is Wednesday, November 13th.
The mission of Operation Christmas Child is to demonstrate God’s love in a tangible way to needy children around the world, and together with the local church worldwide, to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.
1. Shoe Box: Use an empy shoe box (standard size, please) or a small plastic container.
2. Boy or Girl?: Determine whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl and the child’s age catergory. For your gift label click here.
3. Fill with Gifts: Fill the box with a variety of gifts. See gift suggestions below.
4. Include Your Donation: Please donate $7 or more per box to cover the cost of shipping and other project costs.
5. Drop Off: Drop off in Education Office no later than November 13th.
TOYS: small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, small Etch A Sketch, toys that light up or make noise (with extra batteries), Slinky, etc.
SCHOOL SUPPLIES: pens, pencils and sharpener, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pad sets, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
HYGIENE ITEMS: toothbrush, toothpaste, mild bar soap (in plastic bag), comb, washcloth, etc.
OTHER: hard candy and lollipops (please double bag all candy), mints, gum, T-shirts, socks, ball caps, sunglasses, hair clips, toy jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries)
A PERSONAL NOTE: In a seperate envelope, you may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. (If you include your name and address, the child may write back)
DO NOT INCLUDE: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snowglobes or glass containers; aerosol cans